As a public media campaign, Women and Girls Lead invites individual citizens, communities, and partner organizations to engage and connect. These resources support discussions, screening events, trainings, classroom activities, and more. All resources are free and intended for use in family, community, and educational contexts.
Community Cinema Screenings
Broadcasts are planned throughout the campaign on strands such as Independent Lens, POV, American Masters, Global Voices, and Frontline. See our Broadcast Toolkit for resources that support public television stations, including links to photos, press kits, and engagement resources. Visit our Films page for a complete list of upcoming broadcasts.
Community Classroom Materials
Explore the Educator Toolkit for resources that support classroom and community activities. In addition, ITVS Community Classroom offers free resources for educators, NGOs, and youth organizations. Download the Community Classroom Overview (PDF, 868K).
To view a selection of available modules and lesson plans on global women’s issues, please explore our Educators section through the lens of Women’s Studies.
Film Discussion Guides
Film discussion guides are available for select Women and Girls Lead films. They can be used in classroom, workshop, or screening event settings.
- Bhutto (PDF, 2.4M)
- Daisy Bates: First Lady of Little Rock (PDF, 4.7M)
- The Graduates/Los Graduados (PDF, 3.3M)
- Hip-Hop: Beyond Beats and Rhymes (PDF, 578K)
- Iron Ladies of Liberia (PDF, 696K)
- Kind Hearted Woman (PDF, 3.5M)
- Lioness (PDF, 2.5M)
- Me Facing Life: Cyntoia's Story (PDF, 1.7M)
- The New Black (PDF, 3.5M)
- Peace Unveiled (from Women, War & Peace) (PDF, 2.5M)
- Pray the Devil Back to Hell (from Women, War & Peace) (PDF, 3.6M)
- Pushing the Elephant (PDF, 3.4M)
- The Revolutionary Optimists (PDF, 3.7M)
- Shadya (PDF, 188K)
- Shayfeen.com: We're Watching You (PDF, 360K)
- Solar Mamas (PDF, 4.7M)
- Strong! (PDF, 1.2M)
- Taking Root: The Vision of Wangari Maathai (PDF, 788K)
- Troop 1500 (PDF, 3.2M)
- We Still Live Here - Âs Nutayuneân (PDF, 4.9M)
- Wonder Women! The Untold Story of American Superheroines (PDF, 3M)
- Young Lakota (PDF, link)