LINCS now accepts projects year-round. Contact us if you have any questions.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Citizens or legal residents of the U.S. or its external territories
- “Independent producers." This means that the individual applicants a) own the copyright of their production; b) have artistic, budgetary, and editorial control of their project and; c) are NOT regularly employed as producers/directors by a public or commercial broadcast entity or film studio, including public access stations. Staff persons who are not producers/directors are allowed to apply. Note: the copyright may also be shared with the station partner.
- Persons age 18 or older
- Persons with some previous film or television production experience in a principal role (producer, co-producer, director, or co-director) as evidenced by submitting a previously completed work sample
- Station partners must be affiliated with the PBS system and/or receive monies from the Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB).
- Stations may co-produce one or more LINCS programs, but are limited to one proposal per independent producer.
- Stations with LINCS shows currently in production are eligible to apply with additional proposals.
- Stations must be able to provide a designated station contact to work closely with the independent producer through the production and delivery for broadcast of the program.
Who is not eligible to apply?
- Individuals who do not meet ITVS’s definition of an “independent producer”
- Current signatories of ITVS production contracts who have not completed delivery or previously funded producers who are not up to date with reporting requirements.
- Producers representing foreign-based production entities
- Persons regularly employed as producers/directors by a public or commercial broadcast entity including public access stations
- Organizations such as universities, foundations, and nonprofit media organizations
- Production managers, writers, assistants, supporting crew members
- Cable/public/community access stations are not eligible partners for LINCS funding.